Lots of people wonder, what it is takes to makes someone qualified to file other people’s taxes. Does the IRS even monitor who it is that becomes an enrolled agent or hold them against a standard of excellence you can trust with the highly sensitive and important information that is required to properly file your personal or business taxes? The answer is, yes. According to The National Association of Enrolled Agents, “The IRS is increasing oversight of federal tax return preparers and laid out its general road map in Publication 4832, Return Preparer Review. The agency’s increased oversight is being phased in over several years and implemented through a variety of new regulations, which began with the requirement that paid tax return preparers obtain and use a preparer tax identification number (PTIN). IRS also requires some preparers of tax forms for individuals to demonstrate competency on returns they prepare and to take continuing professional education.”

What Is An Enrolled Agent?

An Enrolled Agent (or EA) is a tax advisor who is a federally authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Enrolled Agents represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax issues including audits, collections and appeals.
Enrolled agent status is the highest credential awarded by the IRS. The EA credential is recognized across all 50 U.S. states. Attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs) are licensed on a state by state basis, and are also empowered by the Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before the IRS.

Requirements To Become An Enrolled Agent

According to The National Association of Enrolled Agents, “There are two ways to become an enrolled agent:
       -Work for the IRS for five years in a position requiring the interpretation of the tax code
       -Pass all three parts of the Special Enrollment Exam (SEE) and pass a background check.

Sandra King Enrolled Agent

Sandra King is an enrolled agent, empowered by The United States Treasury to prepare your personal or business tax filing. You may learn more about enrolled agents in Treasury Department Circular 230(PDF).
Before you call one of the large advertisers claiming to solve your problems for pennies on the dollar, take the time to talk to your trusted, local tax expert. We solve IRS tax problems locally and in every state.



King Financial Services Inc