How Long Do I Have To Keep My Tax Returns?

A common question taxpayers have is, how long should I keep my tax return paperwork? For most people, a good rule of thumb is keeping all tax returns and supporting documents for your tax forms for a minimum period of three years following the date you filed your taxes or the date of your return, depending on whichever is later. These forms can come in handy for your records but also are extremely useful if there is an issue with your filing down the road. Three years is a good amount of time because when it comes to the IRS, their statute of limitations for filing a claim for a refund you deserve, generally run three years from the date you filed. If you are behind on your taxes contact the dedicated team of financial professionals at King’s Financial Services today. We help our clients get on track and stay on track with their professional and personal finances, so they can focus on the things that really matter in their lives.


What Tax Records Am I Responsible For Keeping?

When it comes to your tax records, you will want to keep any paperwork related to filing them. This means, you are responsible for keeping every tax return and all supporting forms. These forms include all W-2s, 1099s, expense tracking forms, mileage logs, receipts for supporting itemized deductions, and all other documents. If you are unsure what information is relevant to your unique financial and professional position, the team at King’s Financial Services can help. We work with our clients to help them cut down the amount they owe, through record keeping. If you are unsure what things you can do to cut down the costs of your taxes, contact us today.


Are you behind on your professional or personal taxes? We understand that this can be an overwhelming situation that may leave you unsure of where to start. By working with the team at King’s Financial Services, we can help get you on track and help you maximize your tax return this year. Not only is our team of financial advisers prepared to help you with your taxes, but also with other financial planning and organization services. Do not get overwhelmed or risk the chance of a misfile, instead, contact King’s Financial Services today. We help eliminate the risks of filing incorrectly or paying too much for your individual or business taxes. Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you get on top of your finances and file your taxes without error as soon as possible!


Tax Professionals in Texas

Sandra King is an enrolled agent, empowered by The United States Treasury to prepare your personal or business tax filing. While her services are offered nationwide, Sandra King locally serves the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area, including but not limited to Arlington, Bedford, Colleyville, Euless, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie, Hurst, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, and Richland Hills.


King Financial Services Inc
610 S Industrial Blvd. Suite 140
Euless, TX 76040
Phone: (800) 503-1343